According to the Merriam-Webster the definition of what a professional and an expert are as follows.
Professional– (adjective) relating to a job that requires special education, training or skill. Paid to participate in a sport or activity.
Expert– (adjective) having, involving, or displaying special skill or knowledge derived from training or experience.
Personally I think one can still be an expert and get paid just as a professional does. In addition, a professional can too display special skills or knowledge which would help in their business endeavors. I think the difference is how far you are willing to go in expanding your horizons and your education.
So, since this post is specifically targeting brides and grooms I raise a couple questions, “Should you always hire a professional or expert for your wedding; in particular for your wedding flowers?” Is becoming the DIY bride ok? Should you at least hire a professional for the personal flowers such as bouquets and flowers to wear? What about saving the stress and spending a little bit of money to take pressure off yourself and hire a professional? Do you care how your wedding florals look or are you the type to youtube wedding centerpiece “how to’s” on Pinterest for ideas?
Some respond with nah don’t bother, ” I’m saving wine bottles”, “I have Mason Jars in my basement”, “Babies Breath will be perfect with a touch of greenery for my vintage feel”. We will talk about “vintage feel weddings” in a later post. As mentioned above I’ve heard many of these comments from brides and all I can think is “Have fun, I’m sure it will look beautiful.” NEXT.
For instance I would never imagine or begin to think of stitching up an open cut myself. There is a reason doctors are in business. There are some things we cannot do and on the other hand professionals are always happy to help. No budget is too big or too small. Ask questions, we love to answer them.
NOTE: To the DIY Bride or family member doing the florals, I commend you. I understand that you think you have what it takes and that you can do everything. I understand you are trying to save a couple bucks, but please just talk to us. We can save you a couple bucks and the stress.
So WHY should you hire a professional or expert ?
1. We make it look easy. Those large Karen Tran or Preston Bailey inspired arrangement are lovely but it takes a real professional to get the job done. We also know what flowers are in season for your special day.
2. We take care of all the hassle for you. Not only designing, but proper refrigeration, transportation, making sure everything is to a T and we always have a plan B (and if you don’t you should). Imagine getting in a box of Hydrangea, placing them in water but because the room in your house is warm your Hydrangeas wilt ? YIKES.
3. Having your family, friends or yourself pull an all nighter before the big day is not the best way to relax. Florists order your flowers well in advance, process your flowers in floral solution and everything is just about completed a day or two before your wedding and placed in the cooler, tagged and ready to go.
4. A photo says a thousand words. It’s TRUE. Let us do our job. You will have these photos for years to come & you should have your flowers looking flawless like everything else.
5. You may “save a few dollars” but are left with all the supplies, buckets and extra’s hanging around. Sure you could donate it to a flower shop but we all know most do not consider that. We have everything on hand, trust us. Plus we know how to embellish wraps with pearls and crystals and can handle all the tedious work that comes along with the job.
Your wedding day is not supposed to drive you crazy. Relax with your family and friends and leave the flower arranging to the professional experts.
For your free consultation email me.